Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Important Update Notice
Important Update Notice

10746 Views 36 Replies Latest reply: 2015-11-01 23:02:24

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-09-30 12:29:48 (Reply to:Autel Support)

support please explain more i have a nasty feeling about this.......... what does it do what does it add and what does it take away......

my suspicion is it will completely remove all traces of the old software including the ability to to use older versions of software.........

and then supply us with a completely new untested version  which cannot be rolled back........

i want answers before i upgrade at all........

•   Level 3   
    (64) points
    80shovelhead

2015-09-30 14:22:02 (Reply to:ifgshooter)

My same issue

•   Level 3   
    (64) points
    80shovelhead

2015-09-30 14:22:05 (Reply to:ifgshooter)

My same issue

•   Level 3   
    (64) points
    80shovelhead

2015-09-30 14:22:09 (Reply to:ifgshooter)

My same issue

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-09-30 14:24:19 (Reply to:80shovelhead)

correct you cant update

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter

2015-09-30 16:24:55 (Reply to:busaman)

Autel just posted on their Facebook page, that they're having server issues. I was having the same system update failure this morning. Explains alot.

•   Level 4   
    (111) points
    brad

2015-09-30 16:43:48 (Reply to:busaman)

I think you just hit the nail on the head. I don't want to lose the ability to run older vehicle software.

•   Level 2   
    (21) points
    erkowski

2015-09-30 22:16:48

Just upgraded to v02.99.00. Looks like android is at 4.0.4.

•   Level 3   
    (99) points
    saulvg

2015-09-30 22:55:05

I agree with every body else concerns here. Why would support just say to update and everything will be removed but gives no real explanation of what was improved? I'm afraid that this new update will lock down our maxisys and prevent us from using our old backups. I will not be updating any time soon and will wait from confirmation from other people as to whether is safe to update or not.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-10-01 00:24:09 (Reply to:saulvg)

Possible Scenario #1  Maybe company is forming a LLC as a result of a  unfavorable  court outcome and possibly avoid other pressing cease and desist threats.  Now the Suits and Ties walk in, fearing Chinese jail time start panicking and call for the removal all versions of it's past software and have to have it replaced  with a version that the OE plaintiffs feels differs enough (substandard enough) from the OE software to be acceptable by the OE;s for an aftermarket scanner to run with
      Possible Scenario #2  On the other hand it's possible that it could be the best software ever had  to date and the engineers have just had it up to their Ying Yangs and  just toss all the Lawyers and Suits in the mud and flips all the OE's the Big one. The new scanner Software  just plain kick the ass of all OE scanners, programs all smart keys, remotes, turns back some car mileages,  even remotely fly a jetliner when the pilot is in dispose :-)
      Possible Scenario #3 The Present Android based OS on the MaxiSys is being converted the the newer Android Jelly Donut one that the Maxi Sys Elite is going to use. Have to wonder if you guys will like the  new tile interface look , with advertisement server based on your internet browsing , and an Asian version of Cortana called Katana to help defuse our confusion. :-)

Total4 Pages